Re: NAB

Steven Flippin wrote:

> I would hate to see a beautiful machine like an URSA turned into a
> "bastard" like most of the MKIII telecines that we have all worked on.
> We all know how much fun that hole thing can be, trying to go through
> the documentation, if any is available, to figure out where a problem is
>Did anyone else notice how this beautiful machine (the Ursa) was outdone
in noise performance by the "bastard" Mark III (Turbo III) in Cintels
own booth. I suspect that aftermarket development on the Ursa is
required to keep up with what is possible on the Mark III with the
proper bits. (Kudos to the Turbo III and HR 1440 people). It reminds me
of the Cobra (British handling and style with U.S. horsepower and
hotrodding knowhow) giving the Jaguar E-types a good beating. (Obscure
mid-60's racing history reference). Vince.

***
thanks to David Gustafson of CFI & Drew Marsh of Filmworkers Club
for supporting the Telecine Internet Group in 1997

Follow-Ups: References: