[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: State of the TIG
- To: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Subject: Re: State of the TIG
- From: JimErkson at aol.com
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 19:30:26 -0400 (EDT)
- Old-Return-Path: <JimErkson at aol.com>
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"-1jek.A.KpG.YKrVz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
The fact that Jeff's comments were passed through to the group speaks volumes
about the management of the mailing list. I have been barred from at least
two other mailing lists for attempting to post disagreements. I think Rob
is doing a fine job.
Insofar as activity on the list is concerned, I know that my posting habits
have changed greatly since I first signed on (at around the 100 mark).
Now, more than then, a post to this list is a post to the entire telecine
community. I cringe to think of some of the looser comments I made early
on, which can now be pulled from the archives by simply searching under my
name as author.
Still, I'm one of the lucky ones--the owner of the company I work for has
never attempted to moderate my tongue in this forum. I wonder, though, how
many out there have have been told "don't post---only look?"
thanks to David Gustafson of CFI & Drew Marsh of Filmworkers Club
for supporting the Telecine Internet Group in 1997
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage