Re: State of the TIG

Jeff Krienes writes a great deal. Why bother reprinting it when it is
painful enough to read the first time. As someone who spent quite a few
days at NAB I came back home and had this bizarre desire to spend time
with my family and run a business. I have no secrets to hide and no
information that can open any doors of knowledge for anyone. Like the
rest of the people in this business I have no idea what the future
holds and hope we make the right choices in equipment to survive in the
future.Maybe we need to digest what we saw before we discuss it.
I do know this: I have known Rob for about 17 years and nothing can be
further from the truth than what Jeff writes. I am offended and hurt
for Rob.I and all the people I speak to feel that he does a remarkable
job handling a rather rowdy bunch. My company gladly supports TIG in a
prompt fashion because we feel we gain useful and insightful
information here.
Rob is a top colorist in a top market so he sure is not doing TIG for
the money or to suck up to manufactures. Get with it Jeff, they suck up
to him. If you want to take your ball and go play in another sandbox
PLEASE do so.
I apologize to the rest of the group. I don't post very often but this
nonsense just got under my skin. The opinions expressed here are sure
as hell my own.

Domenic Rom
Duart Film and Video

***
thanks to Seamus O'Kane of VTR for supporting the
Telecine Internet Group in 1997