Re: Cheap Telecine

Craig Fearing  4/1/97 13:11  wrote:

> Hale-Bopp Industries are said to be launching a telecine priced
> under $10,000.  Its low cost is made possible by using an entirely
> new scanning principle in which the film is passed between
> the active-matrix display panels of two laptop computers.

Craig,
You are now in Dire Straights:
I have been told that Halley Inc. will vigorously react to this
launch and will sue H-B for patent infringement (film passing
between two active-matrix display panels) and you Craig for
trade secret violation (inversion of the pickup panel leads).

--jp

P.S. On our side we decided to stop all further R&D efforts
on Keylink.  H-B laboratories are advancing so fast
we can't even think to compete.