Re: Spending $$$$ to get 422!

grant.petty at nexus.net.au wrote:

> How about getting a 4:4:4 input for your DVNR Ken, that way when you
> upgrade in the future you don't have to throw anything away.

This is kinda true, however in terms of my personal experience of the
1000 while in Brazil, I can really percieve no difference in the NR
abilities of it and the 500, so consequently didn't feel the need to
spend the substantial extra money on the 1000. In a year or so the
situation may be different, if we go for other options.  Anyway, the
idea to upgrade to a 1000 just for this is crazy (BIG $$) as there has
to be a box on the market which is substantialy cheaper, as you say its
not a difficult or complex thing to do.

> Also, I did not know that the Quadra did not have a proper color bandwidth
> reduced 4:2:2 output, I think that is a bit slack on their part.

Well..........................!  Over to you Mr. Russell!

Ken
-
Ken Robinson
Imagen Transfer
Av.Cristobal Colon 4733
Las Condes
Santiago de Chile

Phone +56 2 207 9515
Fax   +56 2 228 5871

186,000 miles per second.  Not just a good idea.....  It's the LAW!