[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Spending $$$$ to get 422!
- To: Telecine Forum <Telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Spending $$$$ to get 422!
- From: Ken Robinson <flight4 at ibm.net>
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 00:11:51 -0300
- Old-Return-Path: <flight4 at ibm.net>
- Organization: Imagen Transfer
- References: <l03020902af643b486d63 at [184.108.40.206]> <333F29A2.61A5 at ibm.net>
- Reply-To: flight4 at ibm.net
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"lzBnxB.A.lYD.spyPz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
grant.petty at nexus.net.au wrote:
> How about getting a 4:4:4 input for your DVNR Ken, that way when you
> upgrade in the future you don't have to throw anything away.
This is kinda true, however in terms of my personal experience of the
1000 while in Brazil, I can really percieve no difference in the NR
abilities of it and the 500, so consequently didn't feel the need to
spend the substantial extra money on the 1000. In a year or so the
situation may be different, if we go for other options. Anyway, the
idea to upgrade to a 1000 just for this is crazy (BIG $$) as there has
to be a box on the market which is substantialy cheaper, as you say its
not a difficult or complex thing to do.
> Also, I did not know that the Quadra did not have a proper color bandwidth
> reduced 4:2:2 output, I think that is a bit slack on their part.
Well..........................! Over to you Mr. Russell!
Av.Cristobal Colon 4733
Santiago de Chile
Phone +56 2 207 9515
Fax +56 2 228 5871
186,000 miles per second. Not just a good idea..... It's the LAW!
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage