Unidentified subject!

How about getting a 4:4:4 input for your DVNR Ken, that way when you
upgrade in the future you don't have to throw anything away.

Also, I did not know that the Quadra did not have a proper color bandwidth
reduced 4:2:2 output, I think that is a bit slack on their part. 4:2:2 is
quite easy to derive from 4:4:4, and they should have included it.

Regards,

Grant Petty
Complete Post
Melbourne, Australia.

I am using a Pogle Controler and a Russell Square.  But before hitting
my RSQ we use a DVNR 500.  Everything in line from the TK out is 422.
(I am wondering if this might start an argument in itself!).
This was where the misunderstanding was with BTS. They assumed that we
would be using either a 444 NR or a 444 colour corrector.  NAB is next
week so my hired hands will be looking into the problem for me as I
cannot go!  I have no doubt in my mind that we will take the 444 signal
and filter it correctly before hitting the DVNR.  Its now just a matter
of seeing what box is available at what price.  I know about the BTS
booster, and Video Engineering has something with their 444 legaliser,
so I really want know about Leitch and others.

A Message from Grant Petty.

12 Thistlethwaite Street, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3205
Mobile +61 (41) 9004 582   Phone +61 (3) 9699 4633   Fax +61 (3) 9699 3226