[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Rank Wet Gates
- To: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Subject: Rank Wet Gates
- From: JKreines at aol.com
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 17:30:04 -0500 (EST)
- Old-Return-Path: <JKreines at aol.com>
- Resent-From: telecine at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"OCKJGB.A.-YB.zTvOz" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at sun.alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
I am trying to find out who is still making 35mm wet gates for Ranks, er,
Cintels. Peterson International's phone number has been disconnected
(not an encouraging sign) and I am trying to help someone who really does
want a full immersion gate, as opposed to an electronic fix.
New or used is fine, does Schmitzer still make them? Any advice
Speaking of electronic fixes, has anyone out there tried the Philips VS4
for scratch removal? Any idea how it compares to Digital Vision's box?
I see the virtues of an electronic solution -- as it can also deal with
printed-in scratches, and scratches on previously telecine'd material
(tape to tape).
But there's nothing like the smell of perc in the morning....
Jeff "wet or dry, I'm not the guy" Kreines
mailinglist digest available......posting guidelines on the webpage