Kindler, Gentler, Quietler....

Rob, et al:

I received a very convincing argument via EMail against the use of a long
sig line -- it becomes a bandwidth issue, especially when archiving.  So,
I have pared my sig to near-nothingness, and may  eliminate it entirely.
Yes, this place really should remain pure and free of commerce (though
that's hard in an area where any real information might also have
commercial value).  Some members here work hard to keep their posts clean
of this, and that is to be lauded.

I'd like to publicly apologize to Rob for my little outburst.  It's been
a busy time, and I usually answer Email at 4 AM when I should be
sleeping, so perhaps I was in a state of caffeine-deprivation when I
wrote.  But no excuses!  I am here to learn and to make stupid jokes (no,
I will not stop that!), but not to advertise, so I will do my best to
refrain from anything that reeks of commerce.

I know many people here spend all day looking at (and making beautiful,
when possible) fragments of tv commercials, so the last thing that they
want at night is anything at all "commercial." It's like a friend of mine
in Nashville, a music mastering engineer, who doesn't listen to music at
home or in the car...  enough is enough.  Another reason to keep this
place pure.

It's the temple of telecine, really.   Or is it the sanctuary of cinema?
The church of colorimetry?  The mosque of motion pictures?  The altar
of...  well, you get the idea.

Rob, I'd also like to congratulate you on your upcoming marriage.  (Read
about it in Options Newsletter.  Speaking of which, it'd be nice if they
ID'd the photos so we knew who was who!  Eh, Donna? ;-)    )

So, chastened and with my tail between my legs, I go...  chanting
"commercial-free, commercial-free, commercial-free...."

Jeff "SIG line?  I don' need no steeeenking SIG line" Kreines

---
mailinglist digest available......advertising *not* on this list; post
marketing-oriented messages to 'telecine-announce at alegria.com' after
making the required support contribution..inquiries to rob at alegria.com