Re: super 35mm

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:02:43 -0800, Andy Toms wrote:

>Can anyone tell me if I need to rent a super 35 gate to handle super 35 on
>an URSA, or does the standard gate with an afterglow skidplate have a wide
>enough range to see the whole image??
>
>Is there an alignment film for super 35??, and does anyone rent gates??
>

>Thanks
>
>Andy Toms

Andy, strickly speaking it isn't necessary to use a Super 35mm gate to run
full aperture 35, unless you intend to project the entire image "perf to
perf", in which case you should rent a Super 35mm gate from Cintel.
Otherwise, there's no physical reason as there is with Super 16mm.

There is a very nice Super 35mm alignment film available through Options
(D.E.L. Alignment & Resolution).  Works great and not too expensive.  It has
extraction points for Academy, and various other aspects from full aperture.
I recommend it as an alternative to the SMPTE A&R film.

Dean Humphus

---
mailinglist digest available......advertising *not* on this list; post
marketing-oriented messages to 'telecine-announce at alegria.com' after
making the required support contribution..inquiries to rob at alegria.com