Re: TLC Editing with drop frame time code

>I have a session that requires the A frames at the edit with drop frame
>time code. The hole punch on the film is on the A frame and the TLC is
>editing in A frame mode. What I'm finding is that the sequence on the
>tape will not reference to a 00 or 05 frame consistantly. I'm told that
>its possible to make the TLC edit on a 00 or 05 and keep the 2/3
>sequence. Is this possible and if so how can I do it?

Basically when working with DFTC you have two choices:

1. Continuous 2/3 pulldown and inconsistent time code/A frames, i.e., no
00/05 pattern

or

2. Discontinuous 2/3 pulldown, but consistent time code/A frame sequences

The important point to remember is that an A frame only exists on tape -
any film frame can be an A frame. It's the clients choice of which
situation he wants to create by using DFTC.

---
mailinglist digest available......advertising *not* on this list; post
marketing-oriented messages to 'telecine-announce at alegria.com' after
making the required support contribution..inquiries to rob at alegria.com