Re: Pin Registration (was Re: Kepping)

	Hi there, a lot of different opinions on this subject, thank you for
your inputs, yes in theory we should take care of steadiness in
telecine, but I bet very few people would be able to tell the
difference between pin  and non pin registered stuff, performances
can vary from one system to another, I have seen pin reg. neg very
stable in center and weaving in corners of the frame in fact less
stable than my jumpfree, I have used VE pin gate and I found out if
was not stable because the geometry of my tube was drifting, in fact
100% of the time jumpfree is good enough and  RTS is even
better if you are a perfectionist, with post-stabilization at least I
know it will be done perfectly .In Paris there is no more pin reg.
systems in action, and I think special effects are not so bad there
as well. The pin reg. situation make me think of wet gate situation,
you have sometimes guys who say " how dare you work on neg without a
wet gate ?" and I say " I will use a wet gate if a neg is damaged,
but this is restoration, not my job, while you are doing your
plumbing I grade and that's a lot more fun".

	JC
	Colorist
	MPC
	London