--------------------------------------

>I'll bet my former colleagues in Detroit are glad that the "Teal, Jade, =
>Spruce,
>and Turquoise"  car colors are becoming a bit less fashionable than they =
>have been
>in the past few years.  When I went to Detroit 2 1/2 years ago the hot =
car =
>to shoot
>was one of the above.  Without secondary color correction they always =
came
up
>BLUE.  The correct colors were very hard to reproduce without significant =
>secondary correction.
>And then of course, there is the issue of  metallic paint, which changes =
>color when the sun hits
>it or the set light changes.  Matching chips was sometimes exasperating.  =
>The CYAN range is a tough one.

>Lynette,

>Have you found the Spirit is in any ways better or worse at some problems =
>like the above ones?  I'd heard it was "great on sheet metal" though =
>that's not my usual subject matter!

>I was just curious...  not trying to start any sort of inter-brand =
>rivalry, but just see if certain machines have special virtues, just like =
>certain microphones have their special uses.

Jeff-

I should preface my answer to your question as it relates to sheet metal =
and
it's color by saying that my work in Detroit was on the Spirit predecessor =
FLH-1000.   It was great =
with sheet metal.   It produced an image with a great feeling of detail,  =
depth, and subtle color =
separation that really made the "sheet metal" sparkle.  In high def it was =
awesome. =

However, some paint colors in the cyan range still needed secondary =
tweaking to produce
the exact color.  =

I have not yet run into the "cyan dilemma" since being on the Spirit in =
Chicago with =
different clientele, so I really can't accurately comment on that point. =

Regards,

Lynette Duensing
The Filmworkers Club/Chicago  =