Sony telecine

I think that, due to operator error, I may have sent my contribution on the
Sony telecine just to Paul Chapman, rather than to the group. If not, then
you are getting my thoughts twice, so many apologies for my incompetence
either way.

My understanding is that the Sony telecine will not be on the show floor at
NAB, but will be in a private suite at Bally's. Sony's current thinking is
that the booth is for real products: "if you can see it here you can buy it
now."

I will certainly be very interested to see the machine at Bally's, but only
because I am interested to see how (if?) Sony has solved the extremely
difficult problems of achieving adequate stability in a field array CCD
telecine. I am afraid I cannot get excited about the prospect of another HD
telecine. Who needs it?

Dick Hobbs