Sony Telecine - Its official

Today at their NAB preview show Sony announced a HD Telecine as a
product in 1998.

It will use technology based on the system at Sony HD in Culver City CA.

Also talked about was a new line of HD equipment, including VTRs.
monitors, cameras, production switchers, and other misc equipment.

The statment was made "three months ago we wern't going to show any HD
gear at NAB, but the recent FCC ruling changed our minds" -- Makes you
wonder what else Sony have waiting in a warehouse in Japan to release at
the 'right moment' !

Paul