Key codes

Hello TIG adepts around the world,
I am a french filmdirector encountering a little problem.
I shot a short feature (13 min) on 16mm B&W. We did a straight Tk
right after the shoot and went into Avid. Once the edit completed,
we've sent the key code list to the lab for the neg selection. After a
few days, the lab called us: they couldn't find 150 key codes out of
the 200 shots list. After we checked that no neg was missing, we were
told that "it sometimes happens": it's likely that the key codes were
unproprely read during the one light Tk.
The process for the completion of my film is: final grading and
transfer on digital beta, edit conformation on Henry and tape to film
transfer for 35mm prints)
So I seem to be left with no alternative but to:
a) identify the slate for each selected shot and proceed to final Tk
 b) conform my edit "by eye" for I have no reference for my editing
points. Long and painful...
If somebody as encountered a similar experience, please feel free to
give me any info you think could be useful.
Thank you in advance,
Regards from Paris,
Tibo