RE: Pin Registration (was Re: Kepping)

  How come no one  has mentioned that fact that Fire/Flame can not stabilize
  every scene.  It is fine for a locked off shot, but doesn't work on panning
  or tilting scenes that have long moves.  For these you need to mechanically
  pin reg the film.

  Also, I pin reg not only for steadiness but for extra grain removal,
  we are able to put maximum amounts on scenes that have been
  exposed poorly if needed.  You will never be able to do that in real-time.
  Real time is o.k. for some things, but for giving the clients the best, it's
  non real time steadi-printing.

Alex Scudiero

http://i-cubed-fx.com/