Pin Reg

Drew Marsh has made  an important point about Spirit. Producing beautiful images
is fine in itself - and I don't think anyone would disagree that Spirit can make
very nice pictures - but as we all know, being a part of the post-production
process is very much more than that - It means outputting images suitable for
the processes which follow, which often require layering and matting.

If Drew has concerns about Spirit's stability for downstream compositing at
standard definition, does that not rather call into question the much-vaunted
data output?

It is a well accepted fact that at 2k, registration problems are much more
intrusive than at standard definition. If clients call for pin gates now, how
will they be persuaded to move to higher resolution in the future?

Regards
Alan McIlwaine