re: Fwd: Re: URSA GOLD / DIAMOND DECK PLATES

-Jean-Pierre Beauviala writes,

>Grant is right, it would be better to install independent
>connectors; some customers only need a Keycode head, others
>simultaneously run Keycode, AatonCode and ArriFis readers.
>The AatonCode CCD reader is SubD-9 wired already; to rewire
>its connector --which carries shielded HF signals-- would
>not be an easy task.
>For us, 2x D-9 would be fine but 3, peace at last as I am
>not sure the Alperman/ArriFis reader would be happy to
>share our HF signals in a common D-25!
>
>The TK operator should see one D-9 female and one D-9 male
>to eliminate misplugging. As for the third... why not consult
>Alperman, CP and Evertz to avoid immediate babelisation
>of this long sought after passageway?

Another approach from Cintel would be to supply a hole in the deckplate, an
aluminum plate to fill the hole with knockouts punched in the plate for
various D-Sub connectors that the end user would supply.  In this way,
Cintel would only have to punch the metalwork and let the end user decide
the connector type(s).  This scheme works well to fit a D-Sub feedthru (in
the knockout) to connect the reader head with it's respective encoder,
avoiding the dreaded rewire you spoke of.