DVNR GPI Trigger for Steadigate

Does anyone use the Digital Vision DVNR1000 series noise reducer (ours is
DVANR4x4) with its frame store controlled an Adam Steadigate's GPI trigger?
I'm having difficulty in obtaining a factory mod to allow external GPI control
of a freeze and flush operation.

Since this mode of operation is easy to configure right out of the box for Accom
and some BTS noise reducers, I was surprised to hear that my local Digital Vision
office wants a few thousand dollars and a laundry list of rev.# info for each
DVANR4x4 that they modify to allow GPI inputs. I was told something about an
engineer at the plant in Sweden writing custom s/w and someone doing h/w mods,
even though we purchased all 3 of our units in 1996! (?!)
Sounds feeshy to me.

Thanks in advance.

Randy Reck (rreck at encorevideo.com)
Encore Santa Monica