Re: VistaVision gate for ursa gold

>          >Does anyone know where to get their hands on a vistavision gate
>for
>          >an Ursa Gold? Is it even possible to transfer a 12 perf-wide
>frame on
>          >the Ursa?

Vistavision is only 8 perfs wide.  Still too big for easy telecine-ing.

Crest can do it on their customized big-film machine -- $600/hr I think
plus 1/2 hour setup minimum.  Or you can print it down to four perf and
telecine that...

I hear rumors of a new machine that will handle big film, but have no
details at all.

Jeff "4 perfs is plenty" Kreines

Jeff Kreines
DeMott/Kreines Films