DVR-2000 heads replacement

I am about to send to service our two DVR-2000 and I am quite sure we will
replace the head assembly.

According to our previous experience with DVR-20s (D-2) we are inclined to
replace only the scanner, not the whole drum assembly, but there is no
experience with these VTRs in my country and the problem is that SONY sells
separate a Complete Drum Assembly and the Scanner Assembly so I can't start
with the scanner and purchase the lower assy in case we continue having
problems such as CTL PB missing or High Error Rates (without losing some
thousand dollars).

Could anybody tell me how often a complete Drum Assembly replacement is
required?

Thank you all.