RE: 3-PERF REARS HEAD! THOUSANDS FLEE IN PANIC!

Mike Most commented:

>Since there are very few sitcoms shot on 4 perf anymore,
>it's tough to compare.

Well...I dunno about "very few."  I believe all Paramount 35mm sitcoms
(FAMILY MATTERS, etc.) are all shot on 4-perf.  Also, all Castle Rock shows
(BOSTON COMMON, SINGLE GUY, and the #1 show on TV, SEINFELD) are also
4-perf.  But all the Warner Bros. shows and most of the Universal film
shows I know of are 3-perf.

For the record, I have no problem with 3-perf shows, and certainly prefer
3-perf to the next-worst alternative:  16mm.  I particularly dislike 16mm
30 fps, because to me, it's the worst of all possible worlds.

--Marc Wielage
  Complete Post / Hollywood, USA