Re: Ursa Diamond, etc.

Hi,

What David Fenton said in the Telecine announce list was good, but does
anyone know what is happening to Jump Free now that MetaSpeed is being
shipped by Cintel?

MetaSpeed is nice from what I have seen at the trade shows, but from what I
understand, MetaSpeed applies variations to the capstan drive to correct
for vertical float, but jump free moves the scan.

Because the scan has no inertia I always assumed that this is a better
option, as it allows a faster response.

Is the attraction to MetaSpeed because of the better gate that is used, so
that horizontal float performance is improved?

Also, I am pleased that Cintel are going allow Ursa Golds to be turned into
Ursa Diamonds.

Regards,

Grant Petty
Complete Post