RE: 3-PERF REARS HEAD! THOUSANDS FLEE IN PANIC!

>>The engineering solution to this madness is of course to abandon 3-perf,
and let it sink back into the primaeval sludge from whence it came.
Does the phrase "false economy" ring any bells for folks out in telecine-land?<<

I don't think you would be saying that if you were a producer or studio exec saving
approximately $6000-$8000 per sitcom episode on stock and processing. Multiply
that by 22 episodes and it's over $150,000. That doesn't sound like "false economy"
to me. Not to mention the production advantage in having fewer film roll changeovers
in front of an audience, especially with 2000 foot mags.

Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A.