Re: Re-NAB - Sony Telecine

>  Hello,
>
>  I heard a rumour that Sony has a Telecine . . .

I start a rumour every year that Sony has a telecine to market at NAB. It
will transfer 4 perf 35mm film only, have a 2D array CCD pickup (from their
High-Def camera research) and will have a Sony-exclusive interface to their
own pre-programmer. The first units will be available within 60 days and
they will dominate the transfer industry by virtue of marketing directly to
our clients. Then I wake up, screaming.

DISCLIAMER: not a word of the above was derived from any sort of actual
knowledge of current or future plans - I MADE IT ALL UP! - It's a joke,
don't sue me!

--- David Tosh  dlt at earthlink.net
--- Video Engineer, Complete Post, Hollywood