Re: slinging

At 11:22 AM 2/7/97, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

>vigilance appropriately, Mike.  And can you try to get through your
>email more than once a month? ;-)

Lord knows I'm trying, Rob. Only 941 more messages to wade through...:-(

BTW: I had an impressive demonstration of the TIG's collective keyboards
being mightier than the sword: no sooner had I bashed off a tongue-in-cheek
message to the group inquiring about Innovation TK's whereabouts in LA,
than they called me directly, having heard about my plight via England that
very morning!

Wow Rob, Absolute Power!

Thanks to Grant Knox et al for pointing me in the right direction. Richard
Terp. over at 525 gave me a demo of his new Twigi installation, and I was
blown away!
My only concern is that the one-line situation is *so* transparent to the
colorist now, that he/she wont actually realise if the machine is running
one line for an extended period. Could be dangerous for tubes. Oh well, I
guess Twigi's quite outstanding burn correction will be able to cover it up
:-)

I imagine Eddie Heywood and David Hurst of Brimar dont know whether to
laugh or cry about Twigi. It seems the way we'll all be selling Twigi to
our respective company managements will be on extended tube life, because
of the great burn correction. However, if we are all doing anamorphic, 16 x
9 or super 16 zooms without the one-line dip, maybe tubes will be burning
up like they are going out of fashion.

Anyway, congratulations to Stuart and Delphi of Innovation TK on a truly
amazing enhancement. I for one cant wait to see what their next "mystery
product" will be. Perhaps they will take my suggestion seriously and
gradually go through the URSA machine, updating it to 1440 or 2160 pixel
resolution. Now *that* would be a project and a half.

Kissy kissy valentines to all

Mike Orton