Re: Sony DVWA500 ...... Have you heard of this?

I believe SONY had (or has) the same problem with the 2000 series
of D1 VTR.  We encountered no end of problems doing split-field
edits (and again, it was with an Accom).  Perhaps it showed up
more with Accoms because it's one of the few editors that actually
had the guts to try split-field editing!

reply to...
To the best of my knowledge the problem is caused by the computer inside
the DVW randomly running out of steam when given multiple commands to
execute in 1 frame (which is what happens when you do a mixed field edit
or audio/video split) and chosing to defer what it can't handle until
the next frame.