Re: Sony DVWA500 ...... Have you heard of this?

----------
> From: optimus3 at ix.netcom.com
> To: telecine at sun.alegria.com
> Subject: Sony DVWA500 ......  Have you heard of this?
> Date: Wednesday, February 05, 1997 5:41 AM
>
> I have been having editors tell me that occasionally the DVWA500
> will edit on the wrong field.  This is nothing that is repeatable,
> entirely random in nature.... I remember older DVW firmware did this
> (wrong field remote port editing), but I thought that was fixed....
> Maybe not....
> Editor was using an Axial 2020, with current specfile (V1.20) for
> DVWA500 firmware V3.11.  I've heard a rumour that this, and split edit
> delays and roll through auto-assembly were fixed in Sony V4.11
> firmware....
>
> Sony says they've not heard anything like that from this version V3.11,
> but have had reports of Older CMX's (340 ???) causing DVW to go into
> record DURING PRE-ROLL.  Sony says latest firmware is V4.10, and they
> have not heard of V4.11.
>
> Has anyone encountered this, and/or can you shed any light on this?
>
> Jan Janowski

Dear Jan,

We had this same field accuracy problem with dig betas and axial 2020 and
4.10 fixed it.  (any reference to v4.11 can be taken to mean 4.10 as i
understand).  4.10 did not fix roll thru auto-assembly for us tho.

We also heard rumors of this record during pre-roll problem, but
unfortunately the rumor indicated that it was with 4.10 firmware.  We have
not had this problem with the axial and the dig betas.  The rumor was
circulating on the Discreet Logic newsgroup.

Hope this helps

Tim Mundorff
Chief Engineer
Western Images