Star Wars

To All,

While attending the New York daVinci users' group meeting this past
weekend, I stepped outside on a break and noticed the huge line of
people across Sixth Avenue waiting to see the new, improved "Star Wars"
playing at the Ziegfeld Theater. In the original version the Empire
employed a Grass Valley 1600 switcher to blow up the planet Tatooine, as
most everybody in our industry knows.  Not having seen the re-release
yet, I wonder if the Death Star has been upgraded to a GVG 4000 or an
Abekas/Scitex ASWR8100.  (You know: "Small. Powerful.  Kicks Butt.")
Just a thought, NOT an endorsement-- ;-)

Regards,
Neal Kassner
CBS/NY