Re: 3 line Vitc

At 5:58 PM -0500 1/30/97, Kevin Shaw wrote:

     Its great that a new standard is being established. It would also be great if
     the group was polled for suggestions.

     I for example would like to see a couple of bits set aside to identify the
     source of each line of timecode. ie Film code, Sound code, Internal Tape code,
     External time code.

     I am also curious about which programs are in use for time code keycode
     timecode translations. I used to use OSC/R with much success, but I guess that
     is no longer available. Does it exist in shareware anywhere?

     What other programs do similar things?
     Or has the idea of translating EDLs fallen by the wayside?

Is any of this being handled by the the SMPTE/EBU task force (possibly
the Metadata subgroup)?