re:room layout

Rob asked:

>I heard at one point that there is a room --edit suite?-- where the
>editor faces the clients, with a separate monitor for the clients.  I
>don't think the idea of two monitors works for telecine, but does
>anyone know of a room layout similarly unusual for telecine?

A hundred years ago I had a friend (who is now a top editor) tell me of his
dream room where the client would sit in a position where eye contact was
possible.  He's the type of editor who wants a lot of verbal and body
language interaction with clients.   He got his room.

Also, Filmworkers-Chicago have some edit suites similar to this where the
editor/client have eye contact, and the client has a matched monitor to view.