ads on the mailinglist

I'd like some advice on the following...

I've thought that since the advent of the -announce mailinglist, that
'classified' advertising --immediate messages concerning employment or
the sale of equipment-- should run only on the -announce
(marketing-oriented) mailinglist.  However, lately I've begun to think
that employment-related advertising is more 'altruistic' in nature and
should run on the main mailinglist, with equipment ads on the
-announce list.  Is this distinction warranted, or should all the ads
run on the -announce list, or all on the main list?

My criterion for the separation of ads --that employment advertising
is more directly altruistic than equipment advertising-- may be
specious.

--Rob

rob at praia.alegria.com   KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com