Re: HDTV

Christopher Bacon wrote:

"True high definition TV is going to cost more, so it probably won't make
its appearance so soon, but as long as broadcasters and cable operators use
it for programming that is not available on standard def, it should get off
the ground too, particularly since higher grade TV sets are supposed to be
able to access the lower definitions as well."

I think that is the key point. If there is programming only available on
HDTV which the public wants then they will buy it. What I want to know is
why broadcasters will invest in HDTV programming to show to an audience
which will be tiny at first. There is no financial benefit for the
broadcaster to move to HDTV, so where is their interest in promoting it?

Dick