Re: Component VITC inserter

CB-Gaines at usa.net wrote:

> We're trying to find an inexpensive box to insert VITC into our component
> video signal.  ....  Our Evertz 4025 only outputs composite.

	The folks at Evertz probably already have a solution.  If you're
talking about analog component, I imagine the Evertz 4025 could handle the
luminance signal provided it had sync.  For digital component, on the other
hand, Evertz has a box that interfaces with the 4025 to insert the VITC into a
4:2:2 signal.  Here at Encore we designed our own 4:2:2 inserters a few years
before Evertz introduced theirs; they're not as elegent, but they've served us
well through a few zillion feet of dailies.

Hans Lehmann              | hlehmann at encorevideo.com
Encore Video, Hollywood   | hlehmann at pacbell.net