Re: Film Cleaning update seminar

I was at the meeting the other night, but I left my notes at work so I'll
write a more detailed synopsis later.  The basic premise of the presentation
was that trichlor is still the preferred solvent, but of course is in
dwindling supply, and so far perc is the most viable alternative for
immersion cleaning. There was also discussion about a couple of different PTR
cleaners, indicating that they can clean very efffectively in certain
environments.  Unfortunately, there was no one to represent the aqueous
(distilled water) cleaners, so there was very little discussion about this
method.
More later, if you're interested....

David Bernstein
The Post Group West