Re: 3/4" dailies without windows and curtains

Bill:

Actually, that's what Mike wrote.  He was responding to a post responding to
a post where I said that it would have been nice if the makers of non-linear
systems didn't discard the blanking info completely, so that 3 line VITC
could be digitized and preserved if need be, with the frame it's referenced
to.  Perhaps the compression could be designed not to affect the lines
needed?  It would make some processes a lot easier...  as the VITC would
always follow that footage around.

But it's impractical, I guess!  As long as it's kept somewhere....

Best,

Jeff