Victim of a public school education

Ah, nothing like exposing heresy and ignorance to the world.  From what
I have been told but have little personal experience with is on two
parts of a recent letter.
1.) the 4:2:2 signal has reached the limit that the human eye can
define... I.E. we can't tell 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 apart... I have no way to
directly test this... I'm sure machines can tell the difference and
depending on your application the higher signal characteristics may be
necessary for several processes but... Hmm more than happy for somebody
to go off about this and let me know the difference.
Got to go 2nd point later