Monitor Sizing -- HOW???

I really didn't get all the answers that I had hoped to with my
last question about monitor sizing... Let me ask it a little
differently.....

For those who say they are using 5% overscan,  HOW are you accomplishing
it?  The Sony Evergreen monitor I have on demo here
has only 80% 90% and 100% markers built in.
If it is set up for 5% overscan, and there is no 95% marker, and safe
action is set for 10% overscan (if brought to edges)
HOW DO YOU SET UP FOR 5% OVERSCAN? Doing it by "eye"?  How do you know
it is not 7% or 2%???   It is the How I'm most interested in.  I would
assume that if a signal had 5% markers, I'd set it to the edges of the
monitor, and then I'd know for certain I'd have 5% overscan.
Please respond...