Re: MAC OS / Aaton

Bill Topazio wrote:
>I saw the response to timbo's Mac statement about how the
>NT or MAC OS would not be able to handle realtime processes
>required by Keylink, etc.  My question is:
>
>1. Is that true?  I mean, the KK stuff basically handles things
>"only" on frame basis, right?  And isn't that a relatively
>long interval for today's computers (hdwr and OS) even if a
>moderate amount of calculation needs doing?
>
>2. We are talking about the GIF, not the processing.  It would
>seem that many realtime tasks need to be performed in special
>hardware anyway, even under DOS, so again, doesn't that help?

The engines running underneath both NT and Win95, IMHO are more than up to
the task at hand, assuming the hardware has the appropriate speed.  Both
systems have the advantage of multi-threading capabilities which should
override any potential problem of the GUI not keeping up.

Phil
Phil Mendelson      philm at hollydig.com
"Animals are our friends...............
but they won't take us to the airport."