Re: Aaton Keylink

At 11:18 AM -0700 12/10/96, Tim Bond wrote:
     >>  The Aaton's simplicity is welcome, but its' interface is still a bit
     >>  "klugey" (SP?).  Can anybody redesign the interface to work on a
     >>  PowerPC Mac?
     >
     >PowerPC Mac Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  Please !!!!!!

     Despite our fondest desires, JP makes a good point in a reply to me.
     Read on:

     >* A real time machine like Keylink would not fly within the heavy layers
     >of say, Windows NT or Mac-OS (even with a 250Mhz 604e PowerPC!).

Shouldn't it be possible to have an attached single board PCI bus computer
handling the real time events in a small separate OS kernel but still have
the luxury of the Mac or NT GUI?

     Tim Bond

     This Email address is shared by the Bond home, so please put the
     RECIPIENT'S NAME within the MESSAGE BODY for proper routing.