MAC OS / Aaton

I saw the response to timbo's Mac statement about how the
NT or MAC OS would not be able to handle realtime processes
required by Keylink, etc.  My question is:

1. Is that true?  I mean, the KK stuff basically handles things
"only" on frame basis, right?  And isn't that a relatively
long interval for today's computers (hdwr and OS) even if a
moderate amount of calculation needs doing?

2. We are talking about the GIF, not the processing.  It would
seem that many realtime tasks need to be performed in special
hardware anyway, even under DOS, so again, doesn't that help?

OK, that was 2 questions.  Sue me.

Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com   v:212-907-1225
Manhattan Transfer / Edit        New York, NY f:212-687-2719