Re: marketing

<<a) there will be a parallel mailinglist, (the Kreines
	   solution) called 'telecine-announce', for the trumpeting of
	   products;>>

I like this solution.  If asked a few months ago, I might have gone for the
absolutely open list proposal---but I have learned that some of our
"marketers" are quite aggressive.   I sometimes receive faxes and E-mail from
marketers in response to my posts on the list.   In one instance, I  praised
a certain product in a post and received a thank-you fax from one company and
several requests for product demonstration from their competitor.    I can
only surmise from this that an open forum  would be constantly swamped with
advertising.

Jim