Comments to Steve B.

We have with interest noted Steve Brett's comments to our DVNR tool-box  =20
integrated with colour correction systems and would like to make the  =20
following comment to broaden the discussion:

We have seen colour corrections suites where the colour corrector is  =20
placed upstreams of image processing tools. There might be system  =20
integration reasons for that, but we believe the optimum signal chain is  =20
if the colour corrector is placed downstreams of e.g. the DVNR Image  =20
Processor, mainly for two reasons:

1) The colour corrector will work more optimum on a picture where there  =20
is less noise, scratches/dirt, better image stability etc. This is  =20
especially the case with complex colour keying as in advanced secondary  =20
processing.

2) The problem with the delay introduced between operator colour  =20
correction adjustments of colour correction and resulting changes on the  =20
monitor would be eliminated.

One other interesting subject is the location of the aperture corrector  =20
and legalising of colour space. These processes we believe should be the  =20
last ones in the chain, especially if more advanced detail processing is  =20
used as e.g. colour adaptive aperture correction.

Regards

PeO Nilsson
Director of Sales & Marketing, Digital Vision
peo at digitalvision.se
CIS: 100316, 1467 =20