sandbags and C-stands in frame

Is it just me, or is programming being shot more and more sloppily with
respect to extraneous stuff appearing in frame?

I'm seeing all sorts of wheels, legs, sandbags, etc. just barely in frame
both left and right.

Does anyone know when the last time was that the specs for the camera
ground glass etching denoting picture safe area (the so-called "pumpkin")
was updated by SMPTE or anyone other governing body to reflect the newer
home receiver technology with much smaller overscan?

Bob Kertesz
Blue/Green/Screen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing