Call It The Blob

OK, sorry Rob, who I don't know, but whom I will assume is a nice guy.....

Let's assume that Telecine guys want to see the best of the best and that
there's a mechanism for recording and playing back that data, whether it
be frame by frame, scene by scene, 10 bit log or whetever.

Let's assume that you can pick and choose what quality level you want.
You could get 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 or 8:4:4 or 8:8:8.

This thing that does this is called the Blob.