MNR11 questions

Thanks to all who have offered to answer questions about the MNR11.  I
was going to do this privately but some interest has arisen in other
quarters, and because I don't really want to start another mailinglist
about the MNR11 (Philips should do it) ....

There are several filters on the MNR11.  It has the Recursive Filter,
the Transient (actually it's "Trans-somethingelse") Filter, and I
think it has the pulse-type filter?  I don't have the manual here at
home.  Pulse filter is for dirt, and it can do scratch removal, but
for now, I'll leave those things alone and concentrate on what it can
do for noise reduction and detail enhancement/de-enhancement in the
transfer of motion picture film.

Anyway, I'm interested in learning some settings for real-world film,
in some different situations:

1) normally exposed negative
2) negative badly exposed and showing a bit too much grain
3) normally exposed positive
4) positive badly exposed or printed and showing too much grain
5) how to add contours to 'edge out' the film-- in other words,
	how to use the coring/contours to produce oversharp edges
	for effect, without excessively accentuating grain

I'm really curious about the contours: is the negative contours useful
for a softening?  Have you ever used the contours/coring/peaking to do
what I want in #5 above?  I assume the higher you put the peaking the
better (for film xfer leave it at 6 MHz)?

Can someone explain the MOT COM setting?

thanks.
--Rob