Re: Russell Squery

Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> In Brasil, it seems many telecine suites are using the Russell Square
> from Video Engineering.

This is true, in fact Abertura started the trend off down here and
Sergio there has become quite an expert.  I have been working hard with
it at Casablanca on a few jobs that would have been impossible on any
other system.

> I believe the RSQ is also used at a few facilities in London?

Complete, Framestore and a few others.

> I wasn't sure where would one find
> room for an RSQ, as it was not at the time a programmer.

Both Casablanca and Abertura here are using in conjunction with an
Arcas, but I have used in conjunction with daVincis in other parts of
the world.

> How has the RSQ stood up to the test of time, against daVinci's Power
> Windows and Pogle's ESR?

Its probably closer to ESR than Power Windows.  The only other thing I
can say is that I am buying one with my own money for my new facility in
Chile.  Some people have told me that it has the same use as an anchor,
but then, so does a Henry if you can't drive it!

Ken (hiding behind all of the 32 masks) Robinson

Ken Robinson
Casablanca Finish		Hotel
Sao Paulo, Brasil
55 11 887 4912 			55 11 284 8622
55 11 887 3483

Yield to temptation....it may not pass your way again.
     -- Lazarus Long