Re: Let's Get Real About Pushing Film

In a message dated 11/9/96 5:11:45 PM, (someone) wrote:

>Black-and-white negative films and color reversal films can be
>push-processed

And they can be pushed quite nicely, too.  I still love 7250 pushed one stop
(to EI 800) for nonfiction filming.  We used it as a universal stock (always
pushed, even outdoors) years back on our film "Seventeen" which meant you
never needed to worry about changing rolls when suddenly finding yourself
indoors or outdoors, et al.  Sure it's grainy, and has zero latitude, but it
sure has a look that you can't get from color neg.

Jeff "I still say push it, but I try not to shoot color neg" Kreines