Re: Keylink 6.0, 24 at 30, AVID, & the meaning of life...

bob at bluescreen.com wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Nov 1996 12:05:06 -0500, you wrote:
> > we have worked with the Filmlab "Excalibur"
> >lab cueing/timing program, which is designed to take Keykode numbers from
> >Moviolas equipped with reader heads, and they seem to work despite the fact
> >that the Moviolas are hand-operated, typically on a frame-by-frame basis.
> > They were supposedly working on a system that would put this into
> >Avid-readable format, but whether or not this has been done (and works) are
> >good questions, however.
> >
> >you might be better off
> >experimenting with a generic reader head (e.g. RIM, Evertz, or Cinema
> >Products) and some custom code.
> >
> Thanks for those two tips.  I had never heard of the Filmlab system, and
> had forgotten completely about Cinema Products.
>
> Bob Kertesz
> Blue/Green/Screen LLC
>
> The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing
>
> -----
> mailinglist digest available.........advertising *only* with permission
> inquiries to rob at alegria.com...http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html
>            message to rob at alegria.com with 'Subject: retrieve'
>                 sends list of telecine equipment for sale

Gidday

Dominic Case was a key person in the design of the "Exculiber" system.
He is presently working for the Atlab group (film processing).If you
would like any further information about the system or how you might use
it to achieve your gaols, send me an E-Mail message and I will get you
in touch with him.

Regards

David
(Atlab New Zealand)