re:Digital Audio board

> Ed Walden wrote:

>    In  planning the next expansion of our color correct department, we
>
>     have run into trouble finding an appropriate digital audio board. At
>
>     the present time, we are slated to purchase a Sony DMX-E3000. This,
>
>     however, leaves quite a bit to be desired operationally and tends to
>
>     be a bit of overkill. Our requirements are 4 AES EBU ports (8 inputs)
>
>     and 4 bus outs with monitoring, at least.
>
>       If anyone has experience with or knowledge of a more suitable and
>
>     straight-forward to operate board that meets these specifications,
>
>     please respond asap.

Look into the DESAM 200 made by Graham-Patten.  It may be what you are
looking for in a small-scale, high-end digital board.

To make it more economical, it's easily configurable so that you aren't
buying things you don't need.

Can't say what the Graham-Patten number is but they are located in Grass
Valley Ca.  There are various distributors around the country (U.S.).

Good Luck Ed.

Dean